Selene II - It's Here!Dated Posted:
Fri Apr 23 2010
Launch into an exciting adventure while learning about the Moon. Play the new Selene
! Experience the next generation of lunar construction gaming. Selene II
- Immersive environment.
- Optimized gameplay and performance.
- Enhanced graphics with 3-D effects.
- Great new sounds and animations.
is live and ready for young people everywhere to reach for the Moon through gameplay. Imagine sitting at your computer and blasting away at what will quickly become a full-fledged, pockmarked moon like our own. All the while you’re learning about the solar system’s basic geological processes AND helping test videogames as learning tools. That’s what students have in store when they play the new release of Selene: A Lunar Construction GaME.
Selene II System Requirements:
- Processor: Required 1.5 GHz single core; Recommended - 2.5 GHz single core or 2 GHz dual core+.
- RAM: Required - 1 GB; Recommended - 2 GB.
- Video connection: It helps to have better than integrated graphics,
but integrated graphics cards will still work.
- Wired/wireless card: Broadband, T1+. We do not recommend wireless at
speeds less than 100 Mbps.
- Required: Flash 10+ on any of these browsers: IE 7+, Firefox 3.0+,
Safari 3+, or Chrome 3+.
- Recommended: Firefox 3.0+, Safari 3+, or Chrome 3+.
Selene II.7 Upgrade
- Windows: XP SP3 or Vista SP2 or Windows 7.
- Mac: OS X 10.4 or MAC OS X 10.5
- Linux: Any distribution of Linux will work, provided the minimum
hardware specs are met.
Updated: March 14, 2011
is back, it’s better, and live.
We’ve completed updates to the Selene
environment to optimize player experience. Selene
now forces players to log out and re-login using their username and password between rounds and at replay if players fail to meet the game goal. Previously, Selene
automated player re-entry behind the scenes. Then we discovered automated re-entry on some computers induced game lag that we consider unacceptable. Forced, manual re-login eliminates that performance issue. Recruiters: As you register players, please distribute the Player Instruction Form you received with your recruiter packet. You record each player's access code on the form. Encourage players to use he form to record their usernames and passwords. Remember--All usernames and passwords are case sensitive and must be spelled correctly.